Resource of the Month: April is for Flipster
We hope you enjoy our Resource of the Month! Flipster is available year-round to Brooks Free Library card holders. If you have any questions about this resource, please stop by the library. Any librarian will be able to help get you started!
What is Flipster?
Flipster gives you the power to bring your favorite magazines with you wherever you go, whether it’s home, or on your mobile device or tablet. With you Brooks Free Library card you can pull up the latest issues of popular titles like Consumer Reports, People, or Food Network.
How do I use Flipster?
- Click on Electronic Resources on the left hand side of the home page.
- Scroll until you see Flipster, then click on the link.
- Enter your library card number.
- You will be brought to Flipster’s main page where you can browse through current and back issues of 59 magazine titles!
Yes! Check your app store for Flipster and download the app to your device so you can read magazines offline & outside of your browser.
Do I have to check out magazines like I do at the library?
No. Magazines you read through Flipster are not checked out to your BFL card. They do not count towards the 50-item limit.
Are there late fees for keeping magazines in the app?
No. You will never incure a fine from a magazine you view or download on Flipster.
How do I search for a magazine on Flipster?
On the left hand side of the main page you will see Categories, where you can select your area of interest. Use the search bar at the top to look for a specific title. You can also choose to View All from the Latest Issues or All Magazines carousels on the main page. When you have found a title you would like to read, click on the cover image to be brought to the most current issue.
How do I add a magazine to the app?
- Open the browser of your device.
- Access flipster following the steps from "How do I use Flipster?".
- Tap on the cover of the magazine you want to save to your device.
- When the magazine loads, tap on the hamburger menu (three parallel bars) in the upper left hand corner.
- Tap Open in App.
- You're done! The magazine will download into the app for you to enjoy.
Yes, just tap on the trash can icon in the bottom right corner of the magazine cover you want to delete.
Getting Started with Flipster
iOS App for iPhone and iPad
Watch the Channel 18 Tech Talk: