Several sources of free eBooks and eAudio are available to our patrons:
More information on each resource, links, and instructions are provided below.
Brooks Free Library cardholders can access a wide variety of eBook and eAudio titles through the CLAMS consortium’s collection. You can find these titles either through the CLAMS catalog or by going directly to CLAMS OverDrive catalog. Visit OverDrive to search, browse, and check out materials!
For directions on how to download OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks to your specific device, please take a look at our directions:
- Downloading eBooks & Audiobooks with Libby – Read in-app on iOS, Android, Windows 10, or send to Kindle from the app. *Note: Libby is not yet compatible with Kindle Fire
- Downloading OverDrive eBooks to Kindle – Borrow and send to Kindle from clamsnet.overdrive.com
- Downloading OverDrive eBooks or Audiobooks to a Kindle Fire – Borrow and read in-app on Kindle Fire
- How to renew Library eBooks!
With Hoopla, Brooks Free Library patrons will have immediate access to a growing collection of over a half a million:
- full music albums
- TV episodes
- comics & graphic novels
All content is available to patrons with a Brooks Free Library card and can be accessed via the Hoopla mobile app or website. Best of all, there are no waitlists and no late fees! Sign up on the Hoopla website!
Patrons can check out 5 items per month.
Loan periods are as follows:
- Audiobooks, eBooks, & Comics: 21 days
- Movies & Television episodes: 3 days
- Music: 7 days