The information presented on this page is curated by Library staff. It was created in an effort to centralize current and relevant resources for easy access.
Links update frequently. Check back often for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions regarding the contents of this page, please contact the Reference desk at 508.430.7562 ext. 3.
Last updated 11.23.19 at 2:45 PM
Cape Cod Tornado
Date of Event: July 23, 2019
“The National Weather Service has confirmed that two high end EF-1 tornadoes occurred on Cape Cod Tuesday July 23rd with maximum wind speeds of 110 mph. The damage was a combination of two tornado touchdowns: one in Southeast Barnstable/Yarmouth (5.5 mile path, 250 yards wide, on the ground for 10 mins) and one in Harwich (2.8 mile path, 250 yards wide, on the ground for five minutes), along with extensive straight line wind damage which affected Dennis and West Harwich, as well as Chatham.” Source: MEMA, CAPE COD TORNADO
**All known initiatives have ended for this event. Please see Archive links for further information**
Click on Archive to see the main Archive folder, or click on a title to see a specific item.
July 2019 Tornado
- Team Rubicon – archived 8.1.19
- MEMA Information from businesses on economic losses – archived 8.2.19
- SNAP Reimbursement for recipients – archived 8.2.19
- Cape Cod Small Business Emergency Loan Fund – archived 8.7.19
- DPW Accepting tree and brush – archived 8.13.19
- BlueCross Blue Shield Expedited Access to Care – archived 8.27.19
- Brooks Free Library Waiving Fines – archived 9.5.2019
- The Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS – archived 11.23.19
- Department of Revenue – archived 11.23.19
- Links – Archives 11.23.19