Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the library! We are very lucky to have such a passionate group of active volunteers who assist library staff throughout the year. We accept applications on a rolling basis in the event of a new opening in the volunteer schedule.
The following are examples of duties that may be performed by volunteers. You are not expected to do them all!
- Shelving books, magazines, DVDs, etc. in correct order and location
- Shelf-reading (putting items on the shelf in proper order)
- Straightening items on the shelves
- Covering old and new books and other item processing tasks
- Loading books onto carts in the Book Drop Room
- Assisting patrons in locating items on the shelves
- Preparing signs for library meetings and programs
- Other duties assisting library staff members as requested
Volunteers are also needed in our VITAL program. To learn more about that program visit the VITAL page.
Demonstrated commitment to volunteering for specific functions and/or routine specific hours. Command of spoken and written language; filing, alphabetical skills. Ability to work independently with little supervision; strong sense of task completion. Willingness to vary assignments and learn new tasks.
Volunteer Application Form
Please fill out all fields of this form as completely as possible.