Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer. However, our volunteer roster is full and we are currently unable to accept new volunteer applications. This notice will be removed once we are in a position to onboard new volunteers.
The following are examples of duties that may be performed by volunteers. You are not expected to do them all!
- Shelving books, magazines, DVDs, etc. in correct order and location
- Shelf-reading (putting items on the shelf in proper order)
- Straightening items on the shelves
- Covering old and new books
- Conducting craft activities or other programs
- Loading books onto carts in the Book Drop Room
- Assisting patrons in locating items on the shelves
- Assisting patrons in using the online catalog
- Preparing signs for library meetings and programs
- Conducting tours of the library for patrons
- Perform landscaping duties such as care and watering of plants, raking leaves, wedding, etc.
- Other duties assisting library staff members as requested
Volunteers are also needed in our VITAL program. To learn more about that program visit the VITAL page.
Demonstrated commitment to volunteering for specific functions and/or routine specific hours. Command of spoken and written language; filing, alphabetical skills. Ability to work independently with little supervision; strong sense of task completion. Willingness to vary assignments and learn new tasks.