Novelist Plus is our comprehensive readers’ advisory resource for fiction and nonfiction. When you sign in with your Brooks Free Library card you have access to thousands of book summaries and lists to help you find your next great read. Try the Appeal Mixer, or browse for Read-alikes of your favorite books, authors, and series. Novelist Plus is part of our eLibrary!
These sites are great for finding what to read next, and for discussion questions and suggestions for book groups.
- Lit Lovers is an online community dedicated to books and book group support.
- Book Movement was created to support book groups.
- About.com’s site for bestsellers has numerous suggestions, and links to popular book groups.
- BookBrowse advertises itself as a “guide to exceptional books.”
- Reading Group Guides is an online community for reading groups.
- Book Club Central is an online one-stop-shop for book clubs, featuring everything from author interviews to book recommendations and reviews, as well as discussion questions and tips about how to start and moderate a book club.
- Book Page is a monthly book review publication distributed to more than 450,000 avid readers through subscribing bookstores and public libraries. The tone is upbeat and literate, focusing on bestsellers as well as new discoveries. All of the content from the print edition is posted on BookPage.com each month. You can pick up a copy at the Circulation desk, or from one of the many tables around the library.
- Goodreads is a great source for keeping track of what you’ve read and what you want to read. Read reviews of books or share your opinion with others via the website or mobile app.
- KDL What’s Next? Not sure which book comes next in the series? This form can help!
- New York Times list of Bestsellers
- Fantastic Fiction