1 Public Computer and printer is available during Grab & Go hours. You’ll need to make an appointment to use the computer/printer. Call 508-430-7562 ext. 1.
We also encourage you to try the UPS Store in East Harwich, which offers printing at a minimal cost.
Public desktop computers are available to library visitors on a first come, first served basis. A library card isn’t needed, but we’d be delighted to give you one so you can check out books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines.
Second Floor Reference Department
Public Computers are available on a first come – first served basis. If all computers are in use, users will wait in line for the next available timed session. Be mindful of the time and save any work to an external flash drive as everything is lost once the computer reboots. When your session ends, you may open a new session if no one else is waiting.
- 3 Internet computers with 30-minute sessions
- 2 Internet computers with 15-minute sessions
- 1 Word processing computer without Internet access provides longer sessions for those needing to use Microsoft Office programs (sign up on a clipboard next to the computer)
- 1 Chromebook (laptop) for in-library use
- VITAL computers: reserved strictly for those with vision impairments. Read about our VITAL program for more information.
- 1 Research Computer: intended for accessing the library’s local history and genealogy resources. Please sign up on the clipboard to enjoy a one-hour session.
Please note: Work cannot be saved to the Library computers. Please save your work to a flash drive. Flash drives are available for purchase at the Reference Desk. Also, users should be aware that the computers will shut down automatically 5 minutes prior to closing.
First Floor Children’s Department
Younger patrons may use the computers in the Children’s Dept.’s Homework Center. Signed parental permission is required for youngsters age 12 and below to use the Internet computers. The Library doesn’t filter content, and parents are responsible for monitoring their children’s computer use. Please see our Internet Use Policy for further details
In-Library Use Chromebooks
For your convenience, the library offers four (4) Chromebooks for in-library use. To check-out a Chromebook, please come to the circulation desk with your library card and license. We will check the Chromebook out to your account and hold your license while the Chromebook is in use. Feel free to take the Chromebook around the library to find a nice spot to settle down!