Good news! The library is open for inside hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays!
Now, we know you’re excited, but hold your horses. Inside service does have some limitations in order to keep everyone safe. So let’s talk about what you can expect when you visit the library.
|10 AM – 7 PM||10 AM – 7 PM||10 AM – 4 PM|
30 for 30
When you arrive, there will be a librarian at the front doors to greet you. We took some inspiration from Trader Joe’s, as we all noticed that grocery shopping felt a little bit safer when there was a staff person outside to answer questions and keep track of visitors. The Greeter is there to keep a count of the amount of people inside the building, and to answer any quick directional questions (ex: “Where do I pickup my holds?”) that you have.
We did the math, and we are allowing 30 people at a time into the building. Please limit your stay to 30 minutes or less to give others a chance to visit during Inside Hours.
Inside the Building
Okay, so you’ve made it past the greeter and are now inside the building. Welcome!
Right off the bat, you’re going to notice a couple of differences from your typical pre-Covid library. Let’s run down the big ones here in a list:
- Hand sanitizer is mounted on the walls and is placed at the self-checkout, and public computer.
- The second floor, basement, and Children’s play area are closed (don’t worry you can still request things from these areas, you just cannot physically go in them).
- There are only 2 bathrooms available, one in the hallway by New Non-Fiction and one in the Children’s Department.
There are four desks, each focusing on a specific service and staffed by either a librarian or a senior library technician (both can help you!):
- Hold Pickup Window – for picking up holds
- Checkout Window – for checking out things you find while browsing the bookshelves
- Info Desk – for any and all questions, and for placing holds on things you couldn’t find in the library
- Youth Services Desk – for anything related to our Youth Services Department
Don’t stress about going to the exact right desk, we’ll help direct you if you get a little turned around. And don’t be afraid to approach any of the desks! We’re behind plexiglass, but we’re still happy to be of assistance.
In order to offer safe, efficient service we’ve had to modify the services we provide during our Inside Hours:
- One-on-one tech help (Device Advice & Book-a-Librarian) is not available.
- There is only 1 public computer/printer for public use. It is available by appointment. To register for a time slot call 508-430-7562 ext. 1 or sign up at the front desk. We strongly encourage you to call and sign up at least one day ahead of when you plan to visit. You must be a self-sufficient user, meaning, you do not require any assistance, to use our computer. For the safety of our staff and for your own privacy, staff are unavailable to help with the public computer.
- All newspapers and some magazines are unavailable for in-house use.
- Faxing, scanning, and photocopying services are unavailable.
We want to be upfront about what we can and cannot offer. If you need to fax/scan/copy, we highly recommend the UPS store located in East Harwich.
Don’t see something listed above? If you have a question about a particular service please feel free to call us before you come by. You can reach us at 508-430-7562 ext. 1, Monday – Saturday after 10 AM.
Masks that cover your face and nose must be worn at all times while you are inside the building. This is non-negotiable. The only exception is for children under the age of 5. If you are unable to wear a mask, then, unfortunately, you will not be able to come inside.
If you are unable to wear a mask, we can get your books to you through Curbside service or help you get set up with Books on Wheels for contactless home delivery.
Yes, Curbside service is still available. We want to make sure that if you prefer to pick your books up with Curbside that you still have that option. Curbside is available on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays. You can find all the information you need about Curbside on How Does Curbside Work.
Inside Hours are:
|10 AM – 7 PM||10 AM – 7 PM||10 AM – 4 PM|
Thank you guys so much for all your patience and understanding so far. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us! You can speak to a librarian if you call 508-430-7562 ext. 1 during our open business hours. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com.
Stay safe, remember to wash your hands, and we’ll see you soon!