CLAMS Staff and member libraries have been training on a new catalog system, and we are excited to share it with you when it goes live. We are working with Aspen Discovery to offer predictive search, personalized recommendations, direct links to our ebooks in addition to physical copies at your library, and more! Read on for some important information:
- February 3rd: ComCat and ILL services are paused. You won’t be able to request items outside of CLAMS until the migration is complete.
- February 24th: Last day to download your lists or backup your reading history on our old catalog.
- February 25th and 26th: Your account will be unavailable while data is migrated to our new catalog.
- February 27th: Our new catalog will be live!
Reading History and Lists: AS OF 2/27/2023 LISTS CANNOT BE RECOVERED
- Any lists that you created will NOT transfer and must be downloaded if you wish to keep them
- Your reading history will transfer over but will not be available on day one. You will have to opt-in to reading history on the new catalog for your history to populate, even if you have opted in on the old catalog.
- You have until February 24th to download your reading history as a backup or lists after which lists cannot be recovered.
If you have any questions about doing so please let us know. Here is a great video that the Truro Public Library put together on how to save your reading history (which also applies to any lists on your account):
What can you do to prepare?
- Follow the above info by February 24th if you need to download your lists on the current catalog.
- Make sure you have your library card handy. Can’t find it? Stop by anytime and we can give you a new one at no charge.
- If possible, make sure you have a current phone number and valid email address with us. Please call or stop in if you are uncertain or want to update any information.
- On the new catalog, PIN numbers or passwords will not transfer. When you first log in, your PIN number will be the last 4 digits of your primary phone number. You can change this once you log in after the 27th.
- If you have any further questions, you can refer to this blog post from CLAMS outlining more information.
- Staff are still being trained on the new system so we may not know everything as of yet, so please bear with us! We will try our best to answer any questions you may have. Give us a call, send an email or stop by!